Well we are excited to report that Kade made it through his surgery and having to deal with his blue device (halo) on for 8 weeks! He did awesome and we are so very proud of him and for the example he showed to all of us! I have been schooling him at home for that time and today he went back to school and while he was a little nervouse but excited to be with his friends, me on the other hand balled like a baby all the way home from the school! You see.... because his bone is still soft and healing he has to be really careful still and any of you that know Kade he is a very active kid and wants to be in the middle of all the action. I am worried about him getting hurt, but he does know the implications that he will face if he chooses to be rough! But it literally was like someone had cut the amilical chord all over again, he has been my side kick the last 8 weeks and although I thought I would not like home schooling I really got used to him being around and talking with him. So enough blabbering! Here are a few pictures.
This is Kade before surgery. This picture was taken in October 2010!
Kade with blue device just before the doctor came in to remove it. His hair is crazy because of the numbing cream we had to smear on his head.
Kade with Dr. Morales loosening the screws on the front. (His doctor since he was a baby)
I had to hold Kade's hand while he took the screws out of his head cause it hurt him,
so no pictures of the actual unscrewing. But he was a little nervous
and scared when it was gone and wasn't sure what to do.
After picture. He still has all the wires in his mouth and two wires that come out of his mouth
for the headgear that he was to wear at night for the next 12 weeks. So speech is still
hard to understand him and eating is a little tricky still but he does really well.
Pictures of Before and After (Sorry I couldn't get my scanner to work to put the other better picture I have). But look at the difference! It is amazing how much it changed what he looks like!!

5 comments:
That's amazing to look at the before and after pictures. What a trooper! I have been amazed by him ever since I entered the family. I bet he feels so free to have that thing off. What a stud!
What a special kid he is! We are so thankful for him and his example to all of us. I did not hear one word of complaint through all this. Now that I think of it, I haven't ever heard him complain with any of the other surgeries either. He is awesome and we love him!
Wow, that is a big difference. I hope he is healing quickly and being careful. What a great kid.
Tell Cade that he is one of my heros!!
That is Great and exciting. What an amazing boy you have! :)
Post a Comment