spring

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Kade!

Okay so Kade's birthday was on March 21, and I'm a little late but I still should get points for getting this on the blog. Kade is 8 years old and will be baptized this Saturday. I can't believe how fast the past 8 years has gone by. To our surprise, when Kade was born and the doctor told us he had a cleft lip, I had no idea what he was talking about and when he handed me my baby I was very scared as to what this meant for my baby. The first year of his life was very challenging with everything we needed to learn and everything he had to go through. I know now it was harder on me than on him! From day one he was given the personality to handle whatever was thrown his way!! He has always been such a happy person and has always been concerned with whether or not everyone else is happy. He has been through alot with all the surgeries and doctors appointments and such but has handled it great! I feel very blessed to be his mother and hope that I can be what he needs and teach him what he needs to know. He is a very special part of our family and we love him very much!! Happy Birthday Kade!
(I don't have pictures on my computer this old so I had to scan some of these in)
Three weeks old before 1st surgeryAbout 5 months old playing with uncle Beau
Kade is about 2 years old, after a spell at the hospital he had to
keep the IV in for a couple of daysKade's 4th birthday with brothers and sister2007 Picture done by Terri French
Kade is 6 1/2 this picture was taken a couple weeks
after his bone graphAfter a basketball game this winter
He is my Ham!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a wonderful blessing Kade has been in our lives. We love him so much!! What would we ever do without him? Happy Birthday Kade!

Suzanne said...

yeah, you just gotta love that kid!